The Quality Engineer is responsible to evaluate production processes for consistent quality. Identify root causes to issues and implement sustainable corrective actions within Enwork and its vendors with minimal supervision. Develop, train, and implement the best practices consistent with Lean Manufacturing methods.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Validate product quality by establishing product specifications and quality attributes, measuring production, documenting parameters, determining operational and performance qualification, writing and maintaining quality assurance procedures.
- Maintains and improves product quality through auditing (product, company, system, compliance) procedures, investigation of customer complaints, collaborating with other company and supplier members to develop product and manufacturing requirements, and train personnel on the necessary requirements.
- Preparation of quality documentation and reports through collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends (including failed processes), corrective actions, and root cause implementation (internally and at supplier locations).
- Ability and knowledge to effectively communicate directly with supplier quality and engineering personnel regarding product requirements.
- Work closely with the manufacturing teams to resolve issues affecting product quality, process efficiency and workflow.
- Determine acceptable methods of rework for product and conduct quality inspections to confirm accuracy.
- Defines criteria to support incoming inspections, in-process verification, final inspection, or auditing of product.
- Oversees RMA process and performs product disposition evaluations.
- Assists with vendor quality audits.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Identification and application of effective problem solving skills.
- Demonstration of effective collaboration and teamwork with others.
- Communicates effectively through written and verbal communication.
- Capable of juggling multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
- Capable of efficiently adapting to new situations and prioritizing appropriately.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization in order to meet overall company objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field; or compensating experience
- Office furniture knowledge (a plus)
- Proven leadership experience